Posters and Puzzles

Pfarrkirche Bad Hofgastein

£16.50

The Pfarrkirche Mariä Himmelfahrt (parish church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary) is a Roman Catholic parish church in the market town of Bad Hofgastein in the state of Salzburg.

The church was named as a parish church under Archbishop Hartwig in 1023 and was donated to the Salzburg cathedral chapter in 1219 . Structural repairs were made in 1463, and in 1498 the church was expanded. In 1502 a fire broke out, which was followed by reconstruction in 1507. In 1596 another fire broke out. In 1648 an organ was installed. In 1723 damage to the tower was found. In the first half of the 18th century the church received a Baroque interior. Renovations were carried out in 1873 and 1912. Restorations from 1958 to 1962, an exterior restoration in 1978 and an interior restoration in 1979.

The Gothic three-nave staggered church was built between 1498 and 1507. The Gothic west tower was increased in 1602.

You may also like

Recently viewed