Posters and Puzzles
JC Nichols Fountain
This fountain is the best-known and most-photographed of all of the city’s fountains. It is located at the east entrance to the popular Country Club Plaza district and the south end of Mill Creek Park.
The figures were sculpted by Henri-Léon Gréber in 1910 and adorned the mansion of Clarence Mackay in Long Island, New York. Over the years, the fountain was vandalized and parts went missing. The purchase and installation of the fountain was funded by the J.C. Nichols family, the city and private contributions, including a collection by school children in the Kansas City area. It was brought to Kansas City in 1951, refurbished by Herman Frederick Simon and dedicated as the J.C Nichols Memorial Fountain in 1960.